Saturday, April 08, 2006

Trix

(Strikes a pose)
I asked you
And I did ask nice,
If you
Will play
With me.

We can play
At whatever you
like.

We can play at
(ticks these off fingers)
Hi-ding/
See-king/
Charades/

I told you
Whatever
You like.

We can even draw
On nice drawing paper
(sits on the stool with legs crossed)
Red hearts
And black hearts
And bruised and broken hearts

As I said,
We can do as you
Like.

And then, after
Playin, while drinking hot
Chai on the porch outside the house
(doesn't know where to look, so stares at feet)
I will hear your silence,
And know you've gone
Before you left.

And I won't say anything,
(self-deprecation is a must)

Because I did tell you
You can do whatever
And my pride won't say a thing.

©Phalguni Desai April 09, 2006

10 Comments:

Blogger medusa said...

beautiful

14:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one there! Describes more or less what i went through sometime back!

01:41  
Blogger livinghigh said...

awwwww... this was nice. very nice. sad, but very nice.

06:06  
Blogger medusa said...

ameya is makeitnew in my blog roll

21:44  
Blogger Vivek Tejuja said...

very nice...love it...

00:28  
Blogger GrasshopperBoy said...

amazing stuff phal..i like :)

16:18  
Blogger medusa said...

accha time for new post

04:01  
Blogger Casablanca said...

This is so awesome. All I can say is Wow, and double Wow!

07:21  
Blogger Shiladitya C said...

Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids!

14:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hide what you seek
cross your heart
stare at your feet
pride plays its part

20:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home