Monday, April 24, 2006

For Love. And a Memory of Another Time.

and sitting by the sea
by myself and sometimes,
by your shadow,
thoughts run boundless
freed by the
sea
and me,
sitting by the sea,
think all I want and
all I can.

and I can hear you
almost like you were
there, just there,
sitting with me.
by the sea.

and sometimes,
when the gulls drowned my laughter,
yours would be heard still.
and sometimes,
hearing it,
the gulls would
flee.

I remember,
that I thought then
as I do now,
how joy is simple,
like how it is not a phenomenon
like our footsteps in
the sand.

and I whispered – “don’t go” –
as you turned and went.
I stood in the sand, the
waves lapping at my feet.
the sea, I think it cried with
me.
you said,
and I believed,
how you would not be swayed.

and I will see you always,
-I remember thinking-
as I know you now.

and you will see me always
as you know me now.

and forever, we shall see
who we were,
but never who we are
for years are nothing
compared to memories that
we have made in the blink of an
eye.

10 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

Another gem. And sometimes, its better to remember what was than what is... isnt it?

20:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very touching and yet so clear!

22:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful poem. like i told u earlier if in understand poem then its a compliment of the highest order.i do understand it.

10:37  
Blogger medusa said...

that is the good thing about sea and rain na? they always cry with you

11:02  
Blogger Wild Reeds said...

V. nice. [there: short and sweet
:-]

09:54  
Blogger dobereinerr said...

Hey, a beautifully written poem, one i can so relate to.
Some of the best moments in my life too were made on a beach. But they were just that, moments, instants that vanished without a trace like footprints on the shore...

23:01  
Blogger Bhisma Chakrabarti said...

this is so beautiful!
one only hopes this is pure imagination.

03:10  
Blogger Vijayeta said...

Most touching...and very beautifully written too :)

05:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.. did u write this one for me?
*grin and hug*

01:55  
Blogger medusa said...

ok, new post now.....

13:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home