Sunday, January 01, 2006

I can't get the numbers to work right...

I guess it’s time for one of those emo posts, you know, the ones where you reminisce about the year that was, and plan your life for the year that will be, and count all the friends you lost and all the notches on the bedpost that you gained…

So here goes, twenty-five things about the year that was:

  1. I flunked my finals. I yelled at my principal. I realized that people like to screw you over just because you exist. The most education my college has ever given me. Joy.
  2. I learned to play the bodhran. Coolness indeed.
    2005 – the year of fairy lights. Earth seems taken over, by fairy lights, for everything, everywhere.
  3. Nick Drake, Nick Drake, Nick Drake. Obsession.
  4. Art – I can tell you who will sell for what. Gimme a job, Osians!!!
  5. Reunion of gay boyfriend and I. Some equations change. Some don’t.
  6. Marriage of first crush. Ugh. Terrible bore, I must say.
  7. I fell in love with kids. First the gorgeous Irish ones, and then the beautiful Noor.
  8. My cat slowly grew into adolescence and now, I am happy to say, he has become an adult.
  9. My brother, on the other hand, is still the juvenile brat he was at the beginning of this year and the last.
  10. I bought two cell phones. What can I say, I am accident prone…
  11. I found fabulous cake-making lady, who made me papaya-chocolate cake for my birthday. Yummmm.
  12. Akshay, Geet, Aparna, Kunnu, Rahul. I love you all.
  13. Discovery of Kaajal and Soorma in a big way.
  14. Lahore. Pakistani men are hot. So hot.
  15. Realisation – I am Irish. At least in my drinking habits. (Sounds better than alcoholic na?)
  16. Jobs – Eventually, there’s nothing business about it. It’s all personal, as Puzo said.
  17. Anne Rice. Is that woman a vampire or what???
  18. Friends went away. Some I pushed. Some pushed me. Some went to the Promised Land. Some tried to kill themselves. Ha ha!
  19. Absolut is heaven. Absolut heaven. Though single malt rocks too.
  20. Single malt leads to further activities of the horizontal kind. Eep.
  21. My phone book has more gay men in it than straight ones. And I don’t see it as a problem.
  22. Aparna managed to psychoanalyse my fixation with gay men. Her analysis goes thus: Straight men I know fuck with me and I fuck with them, and then I have gay men to keep me grounded. Whatever what means. Anyone else wants a try.
  23. Lord of the Rings is THE movie to watch when you’re on a weed and wine prescription.
  24. Vogue addiction. All Hail Anna Wintour
  25. I love me ME ME ME MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

Yeah, that’s that then.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally u opened the bottle of absolut.............couldn't wait cud you???

09:09  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

I did not open that bottle. There are other ways of having Absolut you twit. Like out of ANOTHER bottle maybe? Hmph. I can't believe you thought I'd do such a thing. *sob, sob*

22:47  
Blogger K said...

Naye saal ke shubhkaamnaye! Ab mein bas apne sheel mein withdraw karunga and continue writing my epic tale which will never see the light of day.
PS : Try Finlandia or Grey Goose someday. Actually if you like nice Vodka's let me know. As for Single Malts - Yummy!
PPS : WTF is wrong with word verification, I've got some seriously twisted shit happening here.

06:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gay boyfriend or husband? Please make up your mind!! I don't have the patience!!

PS: The truth does set you free.
PPS: How can anyone make out the difference between Vodkas?
PPPS: Nah, i'm just doing this cause I like the whole PS.. PPS.. PPPS.. Yay, its like a cute song!!

Rohan

19:40  
Blogger Casablanca said...

One of the best things about 2005, for me, was blogging! Its so therapeutic, so energising!

Happy new year, babes!

21:27  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

K, I do loves the fine vodkas...

Rohan, both. More like... haan both.

Cas, yup. and you have a good one too.

07:23  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rohan, was that "friends?" meant for me?
Ahem ahem...

18:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casablanca: You took a week to realise that!! Shame on you. Like someone said: 'I don't love you anymore, goodbye.' :D

Yes you policestatewalli!! It was for you. :)

Rohan

18:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home