Thursday, December 15, 2005

Play Food-Tag?

I figured it’s high time I responded to a tag (considering it’s the first I got here) with appropriate timeliness and enthusiasm. So darling K here says we have to write about ten of our favouritest foods. And I’m not just talking cuisine here. Right up my alley, I say. So here goes:

10. Tum Yum Soup: Now this has to be from somewhere suitably east Asian. Or there’s no point. Suggest Lemon Grass.

9. Flan: Oh god, oh god, oh god. Flan. Need I say more? Suggest this quaint restaurant in Mauritius (I forget the name) run by a nice little part Irish couple.

8. Bruschetta: Godliness. How toast, tomato and oil can taste like it does I don’t know. But all I know is that it does. Suggest Don Gio’s.

7. Orange Kurkure™: What to do, it’s evil, but whattodo!!!!

6. Sweet corn-Chicken soup and boiled egg: Sounds weird indeed, but heck, it’s beautiful. It’s comfort food to its extremes.

5. Tandoori chicken: Don’t need to say nothing here. Suggest the nearest roadside joint. Mark my words, they make the best. (them, and Gajalee)

4. Nihari: Especially nalli nihari. Suggest Haji ki nihari, andhruni shehr, Lahore.

3. Pasta. Any kind: Come on, it’s beautiful. It’s beautiful, beautiful food. Suggest Don G’s again. Don’t go nowhere else, take it from me, Don G knows his pasta.

2. Tiramisu. Lift me up. Up, up, up!!!! Don G’s AGAIN. Sorry.

1. Fried Bangda (Mackerel, for the little idiots who speak not my mommies language), fried Mandeli (even I don't know the english for this). Made by my mummie. Feel free to drop in for lunch on Sundays. My mummie will love you forever, and you will love her machchi.


Aur ek cheez hai, but I wasn’t sure where to put it into, if at all to put it in. Matlab, figs, peaches, kiwi, fleshy fruit you can bite into: Mmmmm. Ever heard of the word aphrodisiac? Like I said to Slink last night, peaches have to be the sexiest of all fruits. Especially when you bite into them.

Ok, so I cheated. But that’s the list. God foods all. Ok my turn to tag. Je tag: Akshay, Geebaby, A’stera, Casa… ok I don’t know that many people to tag. L. Oh yeah, Hob!!! Ok so it’s Akshay, Geebaby, A’stera, Casa and Hob. Consider yourselves tagged.

11 Comments:

Blogger Vijayeta said...

Don't know how i got here! But loved yr blog. And you've got a couple of my fave bloggers on yr list too...
Only hitch is, its almost 3:00 AM and reading abt all that food's driving me mad...
:(

12:59  
Blogger K said...

Peaches yummy.. I love fresh fruits too. However, I know that it might be sugar-hell, but tinned peaches and cream are the .. oh god. Lets not get there, I'm supposed to be working!

22:35  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

Viji, wht can I say... I do my best. *flutters eyelashes*

K, peaches. oh god. must work. must... work... MUST....WORK...

22:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for tum yum soup, tiramisu and tandoori chicken! get all 3 and call me over for lunch

:)

00:34  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

Veed, totally, lets have some dinner!!!

06:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

m pissed u missed bong food out of "THE LIST".us din OH CALCUTTA main toh bade ungliya chaat chaat kar kha rahi thi so much that she dropped a whole piece of fish in her water.
what about raaste ka junk food????m surprised u did not include them.

10:57  
Blogger livinghigh said...

sigh, i'm sposed to do this tag thingy as well, but i'm stuck for words. food? hmmmm.. not sure now.

00:08  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

Aparna, like i told you (I know you got hearing problems), I'm new to it. Very new to it. Ask your mum to send me some more authenticity, and I just might change the list. The orange kurkure is evil and has to go any which way.

LH, just write men.

03:18  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yes Ma'am! Will do... very soon.
Just got back today, to civilisation, and to blogging.
(Yes Amreeka is one big village!)

10:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat say about some Chocolate Log at Pot Pourri huh Phal? ;)

Rohan

05:07  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

have been reading 'you' for quite some time now but have not gotten down to commenting.

But hey you tlk about food and I'm right up there woman!

Lemon Grass - Did that twice in the past 4 days. Wonderful Tom Yum soup is what I tried the second time and realised more abou tits origins.

Quite a list, most my fav. But you must try some of the Tiramisu in Out of the Blue. My fav restaraunt anyday...

In mumbai for long?

00:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home