Monday, January 16, 2006

Aw.

On Saturday, I gave up the company of drunk 18-22 year olds in favour of some lovely 20 something ladies. It was indeed, much fun. In fact, I decided I love being entertained.

Attendance was as follows:

Maharani and Her Hubbie – they’re so cute, they’re the bestest unmarried married couple I’ve known. They love each other to bitsies. Aw. Oh, and I decided I adore Maharani.

Guppie-let – who stayed mostly mum through the evening, until her phone rang. I didn’t know a phone call about home loans could lead to the heavy lidded, tousled hair look. But then again, I can’t claim to know everything now, can I?

Appy – we all know her as Aparna. Sometimes they call her my other half, but I beg to differ. She is, unfortunately, female. And while I wouldn’t mind females (once in a while, we all can get tired of stooping so low as doing men), Appy is so not my type. In fact, K (not the K who comments all the time) and I decided that she mustn’t be anyone’s type. Except maybe K’s. But since K doesn’t do girlies, poooor Appie. Got slightly sloshed she did. I spilled some wine on the floor, but she spilled all her beer and all her food. Over herself. Such is the pity.

CT – Aw. He’s in love. Aw. He’s in an LDR and managed to stay true for a whole week now. Aw. He gets calls and Aw. He gets to make out on calls. While we must give him an award for his persistently unadultrous behaviour (snigger), I must mention this little snippet of conversation.

CT: You know, he called me today.

BGFS: Aw.

CT: No, he called me today! I mean he cals me everyday, but he also called me today. And I missed his call twice because you know I was talking on the other phone about work, I really hate work. But he called me again, and I did speak to him, and he was up awake till late with his cousin and they were just talking, and then when he called and I answered, he let me speak to his cousin, I spoke to his cousin…

BGFS: * zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *

Oh, and I meant her, not him. Hee hee.

And last, but not the least, we must acknowledge our host for the evening, the diva herself (though I do believe that Maharani is a bigger one, but we’ll let that slide), K. Again, not that K who blogs as K, but another K. Who might or might not blog but I will let her identity remain secret.

K has a penchant for itty bitty denim Bermudas (I’m sorry honey, those do not qualify as shorts unless you’re a Pandu) She even walked all the way from very far away, carrying what she likes to call, weights. By weights, she means flowers. The poor dear. The poor dear also got way too much biryani and way too little strawberries and wine, but that’s ok. We love her anyway. Can one get more esoteric than her? O’course not. Can one get more sarcastic than her? (Possibly, but lets just say o’course not, shall we?) Can one get any airier (or air headed-er) than her? Naaah. She rules, she rocks, she’s the K, she’s the babe, rockstar etc… whichever way the song goes.

And of course there was me, who slightly lost it eventually, and started putting marigold petals in my hair (K has a pic, you may ask her for it).

Such a lovely night it was, I just had to share. Aw.

12 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

Awww... I love entertaining too. Lunches, parties, dinners... and lots of friends. Sounds like my kind of night :D

06:39  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

Lovely, so you can call me the next time. I love getting entertained, like I just said...

12:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phal at her bitchy best! wow im proud of you :D

00:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear veed not everyone's proud of her......

04:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

though i am amazed

04:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aparna - awwwwwwwwwww.. will it help if i say youre my type as well? i guess not, coz i Doesn't Do girlies either :D hehehehe

05:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

veed, it seems, has LOADS of spare time on his/her hands. mmmm, and while the conversation on this blog was not completely bible truth, i shall merely smile, raise my eyebrows and keep my mouth shut about BGFS' own skeletons in dat voluminous closet she calls 'home'. toodles, da-ling, nice post.

PS: he called me TWICE today. lol.

05:08  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

Aparna's a PB. And the lowest of them.

Veed, hmm. thanks. i can do better also.

CT: I adore you completely. You're the best. What'd he say? (Waits for fodder for next post)

12:59  
Blogger Vivek Tejuja said...

hmmm...yawnnnn...whatever....I am just going to leave it at that. Appy - u are a FT not a PB. Phal you dont know a thing dahling...why now? Phal - would also be a FT bordering PT...

21:46  
Blogger Prince K. said...

What in the world is a Pandu wearing denim bermudas?????

Oh, and I do think he writes extremely well. {I am not that much of a poetic guy!}

Thanks\!

22:41  
Blogger Blue Athena said...

Sounds like some party!
So, you're in aamchi mumbai as well! :))

05:56  
Blogger K said...

Hello, what happened?

07:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home